The Research Associate will be responsible for assisting the Research Director with all tasks related to conducting public opinion surveys, including project conceptualization, questionnaire design, data analysis, and writing.
- Assist with background research and questionnaire development
- Produce toplines and banners for PRRI surveys
- Conduct statistical analyses using PRRI data and other social science datasets
- Manage and organize PRRI’s data archive
- Conduct custom analyses in response to media requests
- Assist with writing research reports, scholarly articles, books, and other research duties as assigned
- Three to five years experience conducting public opinion research, such as questionnaire design, survey administration, data management, and data analysis
- M.A. or Ph.D. in political science, sociology, statistics, or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced statistical techniques
- Exceptional writer and editor, with uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using SPSS strongly preferred
- Research interest in Latino Politics and proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include “Research Associate” in the subject line of your email. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. We will be accepting applications until November 21, 2014 or until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Public Religion Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of under-represented groups.