Research and Communications Internship (Summer 2013)
The Research & Communications Intern will report to the Online Communications & Projects Associate and assist with a variety of tasks related to media, research, and online communications.
- Draft content for monthly and weekly newsletters
- Assist with website and online presence development, including social networking
- Track media coverage of PRRI as well as relevant current events and topics
- Other tasks as assigned
- Major in communications, political science, religious studies, or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Familiarity with social media tools (i.e. Twitter and Facebook) and blogging experience preferred
The schedule is flexible; however, 40 hours is preferred. This internship is unpaid, but may qualify for course credit. A transportation stipend will be provided as needed.
Instructions for Applying
To apply for the please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Research & Communications Intern” in the subject line of your email. We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Public Religion Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.